By the year 2021, a million minutes of video will cross the internet every second of the day. And as soon as 2019, video content will account for 80% of all internet traffic.
With 1.3 billion annual YouTube users, every small business needs to get serious about the definitive video content site. But neither video marketing nor the YouTube platform are as straightforward as they might seem. Thankfully, it just takes a bit of research and dedication to create a video marketing strategy that will increase your company’s exposure, traffic, and sales.
Establishing your YouTube presence is as straightforward as setting up any regular social media platform account. You’ll need a Google account to tie it to, since YouTube is a Google company. And you’ll need some artwork and copy for your cover photo, channel icon, and About page.
Keep this branding consistent with your website, Twitter, and Facebook style to look professional and reliable. You can even use the custom links section to add your other social media handles to your YouTube profile. They will appear seamlessly over your channel’s banner to encourage traffic between your various web presences.
Of course, you’ll want to produce some original content. This can be as straightforward as a daily straight to camera ‘vlog’. But combining this type of content with value-adding material such as tutorials can help you connect with potential customers, without them feeling you’re selling at them.
Growing your channel requires ongoing engagement. Collect your videos into playlists and your viewers will just keep on watching. And make sure to interact positively in the comments section to nurture that brand loyalty.
We’ve created a guide covering the basics small business owners need to know about marketing their company on YouTube. From setting up to going viral, a professional approach and a pinch of artistic flair will help your business make an impact.
Youtube marketing can have a major impact on your business. A line of credit can help you get there.
- YouTube. (2018). YouTube for Press. youtube.com
- YouTube. (2017). It’s time for #YouTubeRewind: Celebrating what you watched, shared, and created in 2017. youtube.googleblog.com
- Vidyard. (2018). 2018 Video In Business Benchmark Report. vidyard.com
- Chi, C. (2018). How Long Should Your Videos Be? Ideal Lengths for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. hubspot.com
- Chi, C. (2018). 8 Types of CTAs you Should Be Using in Your YouTube Channel. hubspot.com
- Donnelly, K. (2018). How to Start a YouTube Channel for Your Business. shopify.com
- Mini Matters. (2017). A Custom YouTube Thumbnail Will Make Your Videos Pop. minimatters.com
- Dean, B. (2018). YouTube SEO: How to Rank YouTube Videos in 2018. backlinko.com
- YouTube Creators. (2018). Lesson: Write smart descriptions. youtube.com
- Dean, B. (2018). How Buffer Grew Their YouTube Channel by 59% in 30 Days (Step-By-Step Case Study). backlinko.com
- O’Neill, M. (2011). Scheduling Your Way To YouTube Success. adweek.com
- YouTube Creators. (2018). Lesson: Why Subscribers Matter. youtube.com
- Backlinko. (2018). Video Views. backlinko.com
- Backlinko. (2018). Channel Subscribers. backlinko.com
- Honigman, B. (2018). Create A YouTube Traffic Jam With These 4 Simple Optimization Tips. neilpatel.com
- Barnhart, B. (2017). YouTube Optimization: How to Score More Views & Subscribers. sproutsocial.com
- Zantal-Wiener, A. (2018). YouTube SEO: How to Optimize Videos for YouTube Search. hubspot.com
Sahakians, S. (2016). Complete Guide to YouTube Optimization: Everything You Need To Improve Your Channel. bufferapp.com
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):