Google voice search is changing the way users search for the information they need.
Nearly two-thirds of all smartphone users have used voice search to find local business information in the last 12 months. Over a quarter of desktop, laptop, and tablet users, too. The impact of voice search is changing the way Google handles search queries – and businesses need to ensure their websites are optimized to keep up.
The key to voice search is speed. Google knows that when someone asks for information out loud, they don’t want to wait around for the answer. Websites that load more quickly are rising up Google’s SEO rankings.
And the informality of voice search puts greater value on a conversational tone of writing. Consumers are asking questions in natural language, and they want brief, down-to-Earth responses such as those typically found on an FAQ page.
Voice search is still new, but it’s due to account for half of all online searches by the year 2020. We’ve taken a long look at the research that has been conducted on voice search so far and created a practical infographic on how to optimize a website for voice search right now.
Optimizing for search requires a business to be constantly ahead of the game. As voice queries take over the world of SEO, here are the keys to tomorrow’s world of search.
- Engleson, S. (2017). The Future of Voice From Smartphones to Smart Speakers to Smart Homes. comscore.com
- OC & C Strategy Consultants. (2018) The Talking Shop – The Rise Of Voice Search. occstrategy.com
- Meeker, M. (2018). Internet Trends 2018. kleinerperkins.com
- An, D. (2018). Find out how you stack up to new industry benchmarks for mobile page speed thinkwithgoogle.com
- Pomer, A. (2010). How to optimize an image for your website. newmediacampaigns.com
- Google. (2018) Leverage Browser Caching. google.com
- Hoffman, B. (2013). Improving Search Rank by Optimizing Your Time to First Byte. moz.com
- Moz. (2018). Page Speed. moz.com
- Dean, B. (2018) We Analyzed 10,000 Google Home Results. Here’s What We Learned About Voice Search SEO backlinko.com
- Helpton, S. (2013) How to get HTTPS: Setting up SSL on your website howto-expert.com
- Think With Google. (2017). Almost 70% of requests to the Google Assistant are expressed in natural language. thinkwithgoogle.com
- Yu, J. (2017). Key notes on optimizing for voice search: Conversation, content and context. searchengineland.com
- Charlton, G. (2018). How to create a great FAQs page for your website. theukdomain.uk
- Amazon Alexa. (2018). Voice Design Best Practices (Legacy). amazon.com
- Soulo, T. (2017). Ahrefs’ Study Of 2 Million Featured Snippets: 10 Important Takeaways. com
- Smarty, A. (2017). How to Optimize for Google’s Featured Snippets to Build More Traffic.com
- Chin, B. O’Connor, P. (2018). HubSpot’s Guide to Winning Google’s Featured Snippet. com
- Ghergich, A.J. (2017). Large-Scale Study: How to Rank for Featured Snippets in 2018. semrush.com
- Price, C. (2017). What is Schema Markup & Why It’s Important for SEO. com
- org. (2018) Event. Schema.org
- Nayar, V. (2018). How to Optimize for Google’s Featured Snippets to Increase Traffic.com
- Manng, D. (2017). A Walkthrough of Structured Data and Schema Markup with Examples. com
- org. (2018) Recipe. schema.org
- Patel, N. (2018). How Long Does It Really Take to Rank at the Top of Google’s Search Results? (A Data-Driven Answer). com
- Davies, D. (2016). Performing a manual backlink audit, step by step. searchengineland.com
Patel, N. (2018). 4 Link Building Campaign Tips that Still Work for 2018. neilpatel.com
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):