10 YouTube Videos That Every Small Business Should Have
Do you remember television? Shows and commercials jostling for attention across dozens of channels around the clock? Today, YouTube has swallowed up much of the attention that we used to give to TV. But when consumers click on YouTube, they don’t choose from a finite television schedule. When they search for a type of video, they expect to find it. Is your video there, waiting for them?
From unboxing videos to how-to guides, YouTube has become the viewer’s friend and teacher. Over the past two years, the world’s consumers have watched over 50,000 years of product review videos on mobile alone. And your customers are three times more likely to watch a tutorial than to read the actual instructions. This is the kind of content your company’s marketing should promote.
Producing the right kind of YouTube content enables your small business to:
- Connect with new customers.
- Strengthen brand story and relationship with existing customers.
- Improve customer experience of your product or service.
- Extend your reach past the 9 out of 10 businesses that don’t use YouTube.
Headway Capital recently shared some broad advice on how to leverage YouTube as a marketing tool for your small business. But now we’d like to pull focus and take a look at 10 specific video types that can help your small business thrive. We’ve created a new infographic (below) to introduce each video type with top tips to make each one a hit.
The Right Type of Video
Making a video takes a lot of effort. So, it’s important to make the right type and avoid the pitfalls that come with each ‘genre.’ A how-to video can capture the attention of somebody who has never heard of your business. You might then use your product in the video and/or include a call to action, such as to visit your shop or sign up to your mailing list.
But you need to choose a how-to topic that matches your brand and with which people need help. Try entering your business keywords into answerthepublic.com. For example, search ‘dog grooming’ and it’s clear that people want to know how to use clippers on their pooch.
There are lots of popular video types that you might not even have considered. Sending your product to influencers and inviting them to make an unboxing video (simply a record of their experience of opening the package!) can get you a bigger audience. And because viewers may trust an influencer’s unboxing video more than they trust your advertising, your business gets to tap into that trust and hopefully convert some new customers.
Our infographic identifies 10 YouTube videos your small business should have, but it also covers some technical and marketing issues that may be troubling you. Have a look through, pick the first video you want to try, and then begin to master these principles. It won’t be long until customers are stumbling over your latest hit.
- YouTube. (2020). YouTube for Press. youtube.com
- Platt, J. (2014). The Power of Video for Small Business [Infographic]. animoto.com
- HubSpot. (2020). The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2020. hubspot.com
- Smith, K. (2020). 57 Fascinating and Incredible YouTube Statistics. brandwatch.com
- Pilon, A. (2020). 20 YouTube Video Ideas to Put on Your Small Business’s Channel. smallbiztrends.com
- Murray, P. N. (2013). How Emotions Influence What We Buy. psychologytoday.com
- Oxford Reference. (2020). Classical Narrative Structure. oxfordreference.com
- English, J. (2017). 6 Super-Actionable Steps to Telling your Brand Story With Video. skeletonproductions.com
- FilterGrade. (2018). Lighting Set Ups and Techniques for Product Videos. filtergrade.com
- PrintWand. (2013). Should You Use Rhetorical Questions in Advertising? printwand.com
- Wyzowl. (2020). How to Write a Video Script (Template Included). wyzowl.com
- Vidyard. (2019). How Long Should Videos Be? The Ultimate Guide to Video Length. vidyard.com
- Cereal Entrepreneur. (2019). How To Find The Right Topics For YouTube Videos [COMPLETE GUIDE]. cerealentrepreneur.academy
- Winn, R. (2020). Best Microphones For YouTube Videos (With Top Creator Picks). podcastinsights.com
- Vyond. (2019). How to Make an Instructional Video: 25 Essential Tips. vyond.com
- Han, J. (2017). Filming Action Sports – 8 Tips for Better Shooting. cined.com
- Lemonlight. (2020). How to Create an Amazing FAQ Video. lemonlight.com
- Moon, G. (2011). 10 Tips For Creating a Killer FAQ Page. socialmediatoday.com
- Masterclass. (2020). How to Write Conversationally: 7 Tips for Conversational Writing. masterclass.com
- Ye, L. (2020). 11 Weasel Words to Avoid in Conversation at All Costs. hubspot.com
- Childress, A. (2019). 10 Tips for Convincing Testimonial Videos (With Examples). tutsplus.com
- Albright, D. (2019). 7 Best Practices for Making Video Testimonials. uscreen.tv
- Shewan, D. (2020). 15 Tips for Filming and Editing Marketing Videos. wordstream.com
- Smith, B. (2020). 11 Places to Find Royalty-Free Background Music for Marketing Videos. wordstream.com
- Tubular. (2011). 5 Tips for Producing Product Review Videos that Wow. tubularlabs.com
- Lua, A. (2020). How to Create Engaging Short Videos for Social Media (Including 7 Excellent Examples). buffer.com
- Shahzeidi, A. (2019). How to Use Influencer Video Marketing to Grow Your Brand. jeffbullas.com
- Chi, C. (2020). YouTube Analytics: The 15 Metrics That Actually Matter. hubspot.com
- Smolder, O. (2017). 5 Influencer Video Marketing Tips. popvideo.com
- Teo, A. (2019). Create the Best Unboxing Experience: Build Brand Loyalty Through Packaging Experiences. shipbob.com
- Watts, J. (2020). Humanise your brand with behind the scenes videos. dsvideos.co.uk
- Ron, S. (2019). How to Tell a Story through Video? visualstorytell.com
- American Marketing Association. (2014). Top 4 tips for the best Behind-the-Scenes video for your brand. austinama.org
- Ozamiz, K. (2020). 6 Rules for an Effective Video Brainstorm. demoduck.com
- Boyechko, S. (2014). How To Shoot B-Roll. transom.org
- Price, S. (2020). 6 Tips For Online Employment Videos. monster.com
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):